WHY A BUYERS CONSULTATION BEFORE SEEING HOMES?
Top Five Reasons:
1. The Market and Home Buying Process has Changed - Did you know we are currently in a Seller’s Market? Do you know how that affects you as a home buyer? Its okay, most potential clients say no to one or both of these questions. During a Buyers Consultation, I will take the time to show you exactly what the market is doing, what homes are selling for and how long they’re staying on the market. This information is important because it allows me to help you make the best decisions when shopping for and making offers on your new home.
2. Your Needs, Wants ad Expectations - To best serve my clients I need to know more than your desired location and number of bedrooms and baths. I need to have a firm understanding of your realistic price point. I need to know if you have kids and what schools they attend and if pets are part of your family. Do you prefer an open floor plan? Is a pool a must? What about natural light, your commute distance? What are your Must Haves and what are your Would Like to Have features? How soon do you need to purchase and what is the best way to communicate with you and how often? If I am going to help you, I need you to help me so that we don’t waste each others time looking at the wrong properties.
3. You Have to be Offer Ready - When you fall in love with a home, you need to be ready to make an offer right away. If you are not pre-approved you will be working on that instead of reading and understanding the property disclosures and preparing an offer. In this market your offer will not be taken seriously without a pre-approval letter or proof of funds (cash offer). I have a list of preferred lenders I work with that I have confidence in getting the job done within the timeframes of the contract.
4. Loyalty and Communication - Once I have your desired home painted in my head, I will dedicate all the time necessary to search for, tour, submit an offer on, and follow through until closing of your new home. Loyalty and communication on both sides is key to the entire process. Coming in for a Buyers’ Consultation allows me to get to know you and for you to evaluate me and to determine if we have a basis for working together. This can create a fun partnership that often results in friendship beyond the successful closing of your new home.
5. Safety First - Agents show a lot of homes. Often agents are meeting a complete stranger at a home. If you haven’t personally met the person before meeting them at a home, there is a wide array of unfavorable scenarios that could arise. I’ve seen the saddest stories in the news regarding this very thing. My safety is important and so is yours. We should both be responsible enough to meet before going out to properties. If’s just the safest option when it comes to buying real estate.
Clients First is my philosophy. If you are ready to be treated like a valued client please contact me. I am always looking forward to assisting new clients in the home buying process.